Thursday 22 March 2018

I Miss You Dad.

Night time has fallen upon us once again. Sadness comes to heart. The day has gone, the time for wondering thoughts is nigh. Sleep does not beckon this time. Wandering through the dark hall wondering who or what will come in the dark. I sit silently, "Are you here Daddy?, "I miss you very much". You come to me in my dreams but dreams always have to end. It makes the missing more difficult to cope with.

No one knows the pain inside. Everyone says time heals everything. Well, it does not. I still am not accepting that you are gone. So, I sit everyday in the dark talking to you because I know you are here with me. It gives me comfort and some joy. Taken too soon.
I remember everything we did together and everything you said. All those moments are forever embedded in my heart & soul. We argued a lot but in the end we laughed and smiled. Whenever, I look back I see your smile. How you used to walk me to school and wait for me. Now, I just wait for the day we will meet again.

Shadows in the dark portrays,
A gleam of hope still remains,
Though darkness is creeping in,
A light shines within.

Healing wounds still hurting,
Ever wondering.
Laughter in a distance,
Tears in the heart,
Why did we have to part?.

Difficult to let go,
No one to show,
Let me know the way to go.


No comments:

Post a Comment