Thursday 22 March 2018

Simple Ways To Cope.


Coping With The Loss Of A Parent











Death comes to us all, be it young or old without any warning most of the time. Many will say “time will heal all wounds” but through my experience it does not. I loss my dad to cancer on September 5th 2013. It was the darkest day of my life. Up to this day I still cannot overcome but I would like to share some ways that has helped me cope with my loss and I do hope it will help with yours.

1)      Take all the time you need.
Do not worry about what others say. Most will always say “it is time you let go” it is easier said than done. For those that have not gone through this they will not really understand you and your heart. You are the only one that knows when you are really ready to let it. We all have different perceptions. Do not get angry when you hear those words, just smile and nod. After all, they do care, they just do not know what you are feeling.

2)      Cry (let it all out).
A good cry never did any harm! Let it all out. Bawl if you want to (that is one way I cope). After a good cry you will feel much better. Talk to them while u cry (even if they are no longer here) and no you are not crazy. Crying helps you sleep at least that is what I learned.

3)      Keep busy.
Once you are done with everything else, always keep yourself busy. Try reading, writing taking a walk, watch TV and etc. once you keep yourself busy you tend to feel a little relief. For me, I write. I write all my feelings and pain down. It helps a lot. 

4)      Talk about it.
Always talk about it. Never keep it bottled in. bottled up feelings will only lead to more heartache. Talk to friends or family member whom have gone through this or support groups. Believe me this is amazing closure. Up to this day I still talk about my loss and well, I am writing about it for you to read.

5)      Eat.
Most importantly, eat even though you feel depressed and sad always remember to eat and keep yourself healthy. Your family has already gone through a loss do not let them lose you too. If you feel that you do not have the mood to do so, even a cookie will help.

I do hope this will help those out there to cope. If any of you have other ways or opinions on this topic. Please feel free to comment below. Until next time.


No comments:

Post a Comment